At times I bump into websites of new apps, which are in the crucial stage of introducing themselves to the market. They may have a great design, cools videos and quite good content, and even all sorts of gimmicks that can make us smile or remember them.
BUT NO SCREENSHOTS FROM THE ACTUAL APP
As a user who is supposed to use this app – does this seem right to you?
It doesn’t have to be an actual screenshot taken from the mobile, it can be designed especially for this purpose, but it does have to show exactly what they app looks like!
The key to good content is always seeing it from the users point of view. It’s hard because you can’t just erase all you know about your product, but it’s essential. I do that too when I create my own content. I go over it again and again to make sure that things are clear.
Content is not just text, it’s all about getting your target audience interested and keeping them there, in your website, landing page, social page, blog – until they hopefully decide to take action and contact you, register to your service or download your app.
Adding screenshots of your app does the following:
- People see the app itself so it helps you introduce it
- They can already imagine themselves using it, which is so important!
- It builds credibility and reduces the hesitation from trying something new
- It creates a stronger connection to the product
- If they like what they see it increases the chance they will download it
When you advertise your app – show it!